Our students have reached out to their new classmates to help them become comfortable in their new school and quickly make new friends. Our school psychologist, Mrs. Karen Murray and her intern, Ms. Lyman, have held many lunch-bunch group to foster these new friendships. If your child is new to EWG and hasn't participated in a lunch-bunch group yet, no worries, these groups will continue in the weeks to come.
We are also lucky to have the following fabulous new educators join our Metcalf family! Reach out and say hello to them when you have a chance.
- Mrs. Allie Nascenzi, Vice Principal
- Mrs. Stacey Ricci, grade 2
- Ms. Kryslin Caldarone, grade 2
- Ms. Nicole Chevrette, grade 2
- Mrs. Amanda Leclerc, grade 3
- Ms. Meredith Shepherd, grade 3
- Ms. Kelly McPhillips, grade 4
- Mrs. Muller, grade 4 long-term substitute
- Mrs. Ashley Ewing-Chow, grade 6
- Ms. Brittany Lavallee, special education
- Ms. Vanessa Equitani, special education
- Ms. Allison Haines, behavior specialist
- Ms. Alessandra Lyman, psychology intern
- Ms. Amber Wadbrook, lunch/recess supervisory assistant
Other Changes in our Faculty:
- Ms. Lobo has moved to grade 3
- Ms. Paquet has moved to grade 3
- Mrs. Wilke has moved to grade 4
- Mrs. Lavoie has moved to grade 4
- Ms. Ryan has moved to grade 6
- Mrs. Pigeon has moved to special education
- Mrs. Lafrenaye has moved back to art
Metcalf MindfulnessAlso new this year, we are incorporating a Mindfulness Program for each grade level once per week. This program focuses on centering oneself for the day ahead, learning to quiet our bodies and minds to be ready for learning, and focusing on calming strategies. I want to thank our specialists for researching the importance of mindfulness and age appropriate strategies with our new Vice Principal, Mrs. Allie Nascenzi. The children love this new addition to their week!
Beautiful Landscaping Welcomes Us All to Metcalf!
Thank you to Brownie Troop 211 for all the beautiful improvements you made to the Metcalf grounds. What a difference it makes to walk up to our front door surrounded by the lovely flowers, bushes, and painted rocks you so artfully incorporated to our landscaping. We are lucky to have such kind and devoted families, students, and Brownies! Lily Chabot, Cora Cranston, Kimberly DePietro, Kennedy Fernstrom, Makenzie Fernstrom, Chloe Joseph, Katherine Larned, Haley Lennon, Cathryn McQuesten, Ella Moulton, Kate Nelkin, Natalee Steadman, Hannah Theriault, Arieana Thornley, and Tami DePietro, you all did a fabulous job!! Thank you from the entire Metcalf community for all your hard work and creative gardening. :)
Tuesday, Oct. 8th - FLU Clinic, 4:00-6:30
Wednesday, October 9th - Metcalf WALKATHON to fund our field trips. Please remember to send your envelopes in to your child's classroom teacher.
Wednesday, October 9th - School Culture/SIT Team meets at 3:15
Thursday, Oct. 24th - Early Release Day @ 1:00, Parent-Teacher Conferences by invitation
Friday, Oct. 25th - Early Release Day @ 1:00, Parent-Teacher Conferences by invitation
Oct. 28th - Nov. 1st - Scholastic Book Fair
Wednesday, Nov. 6th - FLU Clinic, 4:00-6:30
Thursday, Nov. 7th - LifeTouch Picture Day
Monday, Nov. 11th - No School, Veteran's Day
Tuesday, Nov. 19th - Grade 6 Scoliosis Screening
Wed. Nov. 27-Fri. Nov. 29th - No School, Thanksgiving Recess
And last but not least...please enjoy the following pictures from our first several weeks of the 2019-2020 school year! :) Metcalf-September 2019