Friday, March 4, 2016

Happy March!

Madeline Greene won 
The Daughters of the American  Revolution History Contest!

Madeline is the 6th grade winner of the American History Essay contest for the General Nathanael Greene-Pettaquamscutt Chapter of the DAR. This year's theme was, "A Colonial Family's Reaction to the Stamp Act." Madeline now moves on to the regional competition!


I chatted with Madeline about this experience and how it feels to be a published and celebrated writer.  This is what she had to share...
It feels awesome! I can't believe I won. I'm very proud of myself! 
The best part was learning about the Stamp Act and how it led to the American Revolution. The hardest part was eliminating words to stay within the 1000 word limit.
I love history and I'm very thankful to my mom and my grandmother for their support!

Good Luck in the regional competition, Madeline!  You make us PROUD!!


Jump Rope for Heart was a HOPPING good time!

 We cheered each other on!


 
 We amazed each other with our jumping talent!


We thank our fabulous Physical Education teachers and our students for helping to raise $13,282.00!  WOW!!


Calling all Photographers!

I need some action shots of your children! Don't forget to send in pictures of your child enjoying a winter activity and/or reading their favorite book!  I'll be using these photos to create a bulletin board featuring our fabulous students...so send them in soon!